Fire Roasted Bruschetta
Sometimes the simple appetizers are the best. Grilled bread, garlic, fresh basil, and delicious tomatoes!
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 10 minutes
SERVINGS: Serves 6.
6 slices sourdough bread
6 teaspoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 (15-oz) can Muir Glen® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, drained
2 tablespoons fresh basil, slivered
Coarse salt, garnish
PREPARATION & DIRECTIONS:
- Heat grill to high heat. Brush bread with about 1 teaspoon of olive oil per piece.
- Grill bread, oil side down, for 3-4 minutes until the bread has nice grill marks and is crispy.
- Remove bread from grill and rub a garlic clove over the grilled surface of the bread. The garlic will flavor the bread as you rub it over the surface. You might need 1-2 cloves for six slices of bread.
- Drain the Muir Glen® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes and divide them evenly over each slice of bread. A thin layer of tomato on each piece is best.
- Garnish each piece of bruschetta with fresh, slivered basil and a pinch of coarse salt. Serve while warm.