Baked Brie with Tomato Chutney
1 wheel of brie (8 oz)
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
1 14.5 oz. can Muir Glen® Fire-Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
1/4 cup sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
Crackers for serving
The perfect appetizer for a cold winter night! Baked brie topped with a slightly sweet and spicy tomato chutney.
Preparation & Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. When puff pastry sheet is thawed, unfold it and place brie wheel (with rind on) right in the center of the puff pastry sheet. Fold the edges of the puff pastry over to completely enclose the brie. Pinch the edges closed to make sure there are no holes.
- Place wrapped brie on an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F. for 30-35 minutes until puff pastry is golden brown. Let brie cool for at least 5 minutes before cutting into it. Use a sturdy spatula if you need to transfer the baked brie off the baking sheet.
- While the brie bakes, combine tomatoes with green chiles, sugar, and a big pinch of salt and pepper in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture reduces to a thick sauce. While it cooks, use a potato masher or big fork to lightly mash the tomatoes.
- When chutney is nice and thick, roughly 20 minutes of simmering, take it off the heat.
- Before serving brie, spoon chutney over the entire baked wheel. Serve with 34 Degree crisps or crackers on the side.