Overnight Broccoli Strata
2 cups bread, cubed
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1 cup Muir Glen® diced tomatoes with basil and garlic
1/2 cup broccoli
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 ounces ricotta cheese
1/2 teaspoon herbs de Provence
The perfect Brunch casserole that’s made the night before! By Nick Evans of Macheesmo.
Preparation & Directions
- Butter an 8x8 baking dish. Rip up a few slices of bread and measure out two cups of cubed bread. Press the bread into the baking dish.
- Top the bread with 3/4 of the cheddar cheese, broccoli florets (cut into small pieces) and 1 cup Muir Glen® Diced Tomatoes with Basil & Garlic.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour custard mixture over the veggies and bread. Try to distribute it evenly over the baking dish.
- Top strata with dollops of ricotta cheese, the extra cheddar cheese, parsley, and herbs de Provence.
- Wrap the strata with plastic wrap and store in the fridge overnight. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake strata at 350 degrees F. for about an hour until the cheese is melted and custard is set in the center.
- Let the strata cool briefly, but serve warm.