Pulled Chicken Tacos
2 pounds chicken breasts, poached
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 (16 ounce) can Muir Glen® Organic Garlic Cilantro Salsa
1 teaspoon ground cumin
12 medium flour tortillas
1 cup sour cream
8 ounces Cotija cheese, crumbled
Preparation & Directions
- In lightly simmering, salted water, poach chicken until just cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove chicken, let cool, and then roughly shred with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pan or skillet, add olive oil over medium heat. Add diced onion and cook until onions turn translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add shredded chicken and Muir Glen® Organic Garlic Cilantro Salsa to the pan along with 1/2 cup of water. Stir together and season chicken with cumin and a pinch of salt and pepper. Let simmer for a few minutes to combine flavors and keep warm over low heat.
- Stack tortillas and wrap in foil. Warm in a 250 degree F. oven for a few minutes.
- If the chicken mixture looks dry before serving, stir in another 1/4 cup of water to loosen the mixture.
- To make a taco, spread some sour cream on a warm tortilla. Pile on some shredded chicken and top with crumbled cheese, shredded lettuce, radishes, and fresh cilantro.