30 Minute Marinara with Toasted Garlic
15 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
This 30 minute marinara gets infused with basil and toasted garlic — a weeknight winner. Bring on the pasta!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 jar (23 oz) Muir Glen organic Arabella select plum tomatoes, undrained
- 4 large sprigs basil with leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook garlic in oil 1 to 2 minutes or until slices are sizzling. Add crushed red pepper; cook 1 to 2 minutes longer, stirring constantly, until garlic slices are golden brown.
- Carefully stir in tomatoes, basil sprigs and salt. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove basil, and stir to combine. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.
- Slicing the garlic allows it to toast in the hot oil without burning. Serve this marinara with pasta or over fish or chicken.