Bloody Mary Tomato Soup Shots
20 Minutes Prep
1 Hour 20 Minutes Total
This quick, easy and impressive Bloody Mary soup shot can be made in minutes and chilled the day before. Serve as soup, appetizer or cocktail!
- 1 can (28 oz) Muir Glen™ organic whole San Marzano tomatoes, undrained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup vodka
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- cooked shrimp, chorizo slices, manchego cheese cubes
- pickled vegetables, such as gherkins, asparagus, carrots, baby corn, okra, green beans, olives
- celery sprig
- In blender, place all Bloody Mary Mixture ingredients except oil. Cover; blend until smooth. Add oil; blend until smooth and creamy. Transfer to pitcher. Cover and chill at least 1 hour but no longer than 12 hours.
- For each skewer, thread 1 shrimp or chorizo or cheese cube, and 1 vegetable on toothpick. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Rub rims of shot glasses with a lime wedge and dip in seasoned salt.
- Pour mixture into shot glasses or small glasses (about 3 tablespoons each). Garnish each with a skewer and celery sprig.
- This quick, easy and impressive soup shot can be made in minutes and chilled the day before. Serve as soup, appetizer or cocktail!
- A piece of cured chorizo sausage and a chunk of Manchego cheese also make a nice garnish on a skewer.