Fire Roasted Green Tomato Salsa
Make a bright, flavorful green salsa with just a little chopping and no cooking at all thanks to Muir Glen™ Organic Fire Roasted Petite Diced Green Tomatoes!
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ Organic Fire Roasted Petite Diced Green Tomatoes, well drained
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 small serrano chile, seeded, finely chopped (1 tablespoon)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- In medium bowl, mix all ingredients. Use immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 3 days. Serve with tortilla chips, as desired.
- Prefer a thinner salsa? Don’t drain the tomatoes, and place all ingredients in blender. Cover; blend on high speed 30 to 60 seconds or until smooth. This Fire Roasted Green Tomato Salsa is delicious served with tortilla chips, but it’s also great on top of tacos and tucked into quesadillas and wraps. Make it your own! Try green onions instead of white, or use a jalapeño chile in place of the serrano.
|6 servings (1/4 cup each)|
1/4 Cup Calories 20 (Calories from Fat 0); Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 200mg; Total Carbohydrate 4g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 2g); Protein 0g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Vegetable,
Carbohydrate Choice: 0