Fire Roasted Tomato Queso Dip
25 Minutes Prep
25 Minutes Total
This delicious Fire Roasted Tomato Queso Dip delivers on great Mexican flavors, from scratch.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt or kosher salt
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced, whites and greens separated
- 2 jalapeño chiles, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted adobo seasoned petite diced tomatoes, well drained
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- Tortilla chips, as desired
- In 4-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour, cumin, coriander and salt; stir 15 to 30 seconds or until combined. Stir in green onion whites and jalapeño chiles; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until softened.
- Gradually stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently. Add tomatoes; heat to simmering, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add cheese; stir until melted and well blended.
- Top with green onion greens; serve with chips.
- Like it hot? Drizzle top of dip with hot sauce. Want more green? Top dip with chopped fresh cilantro leaves.