Instant Pot™ Creamy Tomato and Sausage Cavatappi
25 Minutes Prep
55 Minutes Total
Sure to become a family favorite, this creamy pasta, loaded with Italian sausage and baby spinach, is made entirely in the Instant Pot™. Whenever a dish is a joy to eat and a breeze to clean up, we call it a win (or in this case, dinner).
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (28 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 12 oz uncooked cavatappi pasta (4 cups)
- 1 package (8 oz) mascarpone, softened
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (4 oz)
- 1 package (5 oz) fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- On 6-quart Instant Pot™, select SAUTE; adjust to normal. Heat oil in insert. Add sausage, onions, garlic, salt and pepper flakes; cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked. Select CANCEL.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth and pasta. Secure lid; set pressure valve to SEALING. Select MANUAL; cook on high pressure 7 minutes. Select CANCEL. Set pressure valve to VENTING to quick-release pressure. Stir in mascarpone cheese and Parmesan cheese until cheeses melt. Stir in spinach and basil; let stand 5 minutes before serving.