Vegan Summer Succotash
20 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
This fresh summer succotash features fun Asian riffs on the traditional sautéed bean and corn staple with edamame, soy and lime.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) corn kernels
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced on the bias, greens and whites separated
- 1 package (12 oz) frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt or kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Cooked white rice, if desired
- In 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add corn, green onion whites, thawed edamame and salt. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until browned in spots. Add garlic, tomatoes and soy sauce; heat to simmering. Reduce heat to low; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Top with green onion greens and cilantro; serve with lime wedges over rice.