Angel Hair Pasta with Tomato and Basil
5 Minutes Prep
20 Minutes Total
A classic dish of diced tomatoes, basil, extra virgin olive oil, thin angel hair pasta, and Parmesan cheese, this quick pasta is both effortless and delicious.
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 - 14.5 oz can Muir Glen Organic plain or fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt (kosher or sea salt)
- 8 oz uncooked angel hair (capellini) pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In 10-inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Add onion and red pepper flakes; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is tender. Add tomatoes, garlic and salt. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on package. Drain; place in serving bowl. Pour tomato mixture over pasta; toss gently to coat. Add basil, cheese and remaining 2 tablespoons oil; toss.