Baked Goat Cheese with Fire Roasted Tomatoes
5 Minutes Prep
35 Minutes Total
Look no further for the perfect party appetizer. The sweet, garlic-y roasted tomato sauce and gooey baked goat cheese will keep your guests coming back for more.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbs olive oil
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 28 oz can of Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 1 baguette
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mince 3 cloves garlic.
- In a medium skillet, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, ½ teaspoon dried basil, ½ teaspoon dried oregano, and ½ teaspoon kosher salt.
- Over medium high heat, stir and saute for around 45 seconds until the garlic sizzles but before it starts to brown.
- Stir in the tomatoes and reduce to a gentle simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until the sauce starts to thicken. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the tomato mixture into an oven-proof baking dish, then add goat cheese mounds on top. Bake for 15 minutes.
- If desired, broil on high for 3-5 minutes, watching carefully, until the goat cheese is golden brown. Serve with baguette slices (or to make crostini, toast baguette slices at 375°F for 15 minutes).
- Look no further for the perfect party appetizer. The sweet, garlic-y roasted tomato sauce and gooey baked goat cheese will keep your guests coming back for more.