Beer Lentil Chili
10 Minutes Prep
1 Hour 10 Minutes Total
Food blogger Katy Allan (@savoringtheflavoring) cooks up a comforting bowl of lentil chili, spiked with your favorite brew to for a little extra kick.
- 2-3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 jalapeño seeded, minced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 cup black lentils
- 1 bottle of beer
- 1 28oz can Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups organic veggie broth
- 28oz can of hominy, drained
- Cotija cheese, as needed
- Cilantro, as needed
- Diced avocado, as needed
- In a large cast iron dutch oven, heat avocado oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, red bell peppers, jalapeño and garlic and cook for a few minutes, until softened.
- Stir in chili powder, nutritional yeast, cumin, smoked paprika, pink Himalayan sea salt, black lentils, beer, Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, and veggie broth. Bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer with the lid on for about a half hour.
- Serve topped with crumbled chips, Cotija cheese crumbles, chopped cilantro and avocado.