California 99 Champagne Cocktail
5 Minutes Prep
5 Minutes Total
Inspired by the classic French 75 champagne cocktail, the California 99 is named after California’s highway 99, also know as Tomato Alley. Many of the Muir Glen organic tomato farms are located right off Hwy 99.
- 1 oz gin
- 1 oz tomato water (fresh or juice from drained can of Muir Glen whole peeled tomatoes)
- 1/2 oz fresh Meyer or regular lemon juice
- 2 dashes Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 1/2 oz dry sparkling wine
- 5 drops orange bitters
- cherry tomato for garnish
- lemon twist for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice combine gin, tomato water, lemon juice and hot sauce. Shake well.
- Into a champagne flute drop one cherry tomato, then strain tomato mixture into the glass. Fill the glass with champagne. Finish with orange bitters, and garnish with a lemon twist on the rim.