Fettuccine Turkey Bolognese
5 Minutes Prep
1 Hour 5 Minutes Total
Laney of Life is but a Dish (@lifeisbutadish) crafts the most comforting and dreamy bowl of bolognese, perfect for your next cozy #SundaySauce.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 onion small diced
- 1 medium carrot small diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound ground turkey meat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can Muir Glen Fire Roasted Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 pound fettuccine pasta
- Heat large pan over medium/high heat. Add the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter and heat through. Add the onion, carrot, and a pinch of salt. Cook for 5-7 minutes until veggies begin to soften. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the turkey meat, salt, pepper, paprika, cinnamon, and oregano, and cook until meat is no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes. Add the tomato paste and stir to combine.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, 1 teaspoon of salt, parsley, and bay leaves, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, make the pasta.
- ring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add 2 tablespoons of salt to the boiling water and add the pasta. Cook according to the package, about 10-11 minutes.
- n the last few minutes of cooking the sauce, remove and discard the bay leaves. Add one tablespoon of butter and stir until melted. Turn off the heat and add the Parmesan cheese, stirring to combine.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, add the noodles directly into the pan with the sauce, tossing to coat. Serve immediately with extra Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Laney of Life is but a Dish (@lifeisbutadish) crafts the most comforting and dreamy bowl of bolognese, perfect for your next cozy #SundaySauce.