Fire Roasted Bruschetta
10 Minutes Prep
20 Minutes Total
Up the heat on traditional bruschetta with Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Tomatoes!
- 1 28 oz can Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 2 tbs fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 4 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 baguette, sliced and toasted
- 2 tbs Romano or Parmesan cheese, grated
- a pinch of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Slice baguette into 1/2" slices, drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and lightly toast. Rub each piece of toast with raw garlic and set aside.
- Drain tomatoes (save the juice for another use, like soup). In medium bowl, mix tomatoes, basil and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon mixture onto toasted, garlic-rubbed bread slices.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese. Enjoy!