Fire Roasted Tomato Arugula Caprese
20 Minutes Prep
20 Minutes Total
Whole fire roasted tomatoes combine with spicy arugula for an appetizer version of classic caprese on toast.
- 1 baguette
- 1 28oz can Muir Glen Whole Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- Cut baguette into 1/2" thick slices.
- Drain whole tomatoes, then cut 3-4 slab slices from the sides of each tomato. You're looking for a solid oval with fire roasted skin on one side. Slabs should fit comfortably on a baguette round. Cut in half if large.
- Cut mozzarella into slices that will fit on the baguette without hanging over to much.
- To assemble; drizzle the baguette slices with a little olive oil, add a few arugula leaves, then a slice of mozzarella cheese. Drizzle some balsamic vinegar on the cheese (don't worry if a bit rolls off and soaks into the bread). Finally, add the slice of fire roasted tomato, roasted side up. Sprinkle with kosher salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Serve immediately.
Mesculin salad greens or soft herbs like chervil, cilantro or flat leaf parsley also work well in place of arugula.
© Muir Glen Organic