Fire Roasted Tomato Butter Sauce
5 Minutes Prep
35 Minutes Total
This pasta sauce recipe is deceptively easy. The key is to use great butter, which lends a nutty sweetness to this dish, and fire roasted tomatoes.
- 8 tbs European-style cultured unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 large sweet onion (vidalia or walla walla), peeled & thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 28-oz Muir Glen Organic fire roasted diced tomatoes with juice
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- parsley, finely chopped
- Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Melt butter in a sauce pan. Add onions and sauté until softened but not brown. Add fire roasted diced tomatoes and juice to the pan. Simmer for 30 minutes, then season with salt and pepper. Serve with a sprinkle of parsley and Parmesan, to taste. Serve over wide noodles or spaghetti.
- This recipe is deceptively easy. The key is to use great butter, which lends a nutty sweetness to this dish.
- Leftover sauce is divine with a few eggs baked into it, or used as a rich pizza sauce.