Fire Roasted Tomato Grilled Cheese with Basil
5 Minutes Prep
15 Minutes Total
Subtle smokiness of fire roasted tomatoes combined with sharp cheddar and basil makes this grilled cheese extra delicious.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened, or olive oil
- 12 slices white, wheat or gluten-free bread
- 8 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, well drained
- 12 large basil leaves
- Spread butter or brush oil on 1 side of each bread slice.
- Arrange 6 slices bread, buttered/oil side down, on work surface, and place handful of shredded cheese, 1/4 cup diced tomatoes and 2 basil leaves on each bread slice.
- Top with remaining 6 bread slices, buttered sides up.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook 2 sandwiches at a time over medium heat until golden brown and cheese just melts; repeat for remaining sandwiches.
Save the drained tomato water for a delicious cocktail from our DRINKS section.
Serve with a green salad or vegetable side.
© Muir Glen Organic