Fire Roasted Tomato & Pumpkin Bisque
15 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
Start off your Thanksgiving feast right with this pumpkin bisque with a fire-roasted kick.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup of diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 14.5-oz can of Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups of pumpkin puree
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- ¾ cup of half and half
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Sour cream, to taste
- Parsley, to garnish
- 2 cups of cubed sourdough bread
- In a 3-quart Dutch oven, heat the olive oil on medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until lightly browned and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Then, add the garlic and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken stock and turn the stove on high heat.
- Once boiling, turn the stove down to medium-low heat and add the can of tomatoes, pumpkin puree, half and half, salt, and oregano.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until serving time.
- Meanwhile, lightly toss the sourdough cubes in olive oil and bake at 350 ºF until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender.
- Serve with chopped parsley, croutons, and a swirl of sour cream.
- For a heartier soup, skip the half and half and blender.