Oil Free Tomato Sauce
5 Minutes Prep
35 Minutes Total
Hannah Rifkin (@WholeHeartedlyHannah) dishes up this easy & delicious #SundaySauce. Serve with the carb of your choice.
- 2 tbsp vegetable broth
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can Muir Glen Organic Diced Tomatoes No Salt Added
- 1 fresh Roma tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup chickpeas
- 1 tbsp gomasio (optional)
- 1 handful dinosaur kale, washed and sliced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Heat a medium pot over medium heat.
- Add vegetable broth, onions and garlic. Cook until transparent, about 2 minutes.
- Toss in tomatoes and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, gamasio and kale. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 20 min.