One-Pot Cheesy Chicken & Rice
10 Minutes Prep
1 Hour 10 Minutes Total
Bubbly browned cheese sits atop perfectly seasoned chicken & rice. This the next level of comfort food.
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup white wine
- 3 packed cups baby spinach
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 15-oz. can navy beans, drained
- 1 14.5-oz. can Muir Glen Organic Diced Tomatoes
- ½ cup Mexican crema
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 10-oz. Oaxaca cheese
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Generously season both sides of the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and squeeze the juice of 1 lime over the chicken.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large, oven-safe pan with a lid.
- Add chicken thighs and brown on both sides, about 8-10 minutes (they won't be cooked all the way through). Remove to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and cook until starting to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add wine and scrape up any browned bits that have stuck to the bottom.
- Add spinach, broth, rice, beans, tomatoes, crema, and paprika. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Place chicken pieces on top and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Heat broiler to high. Remove chicken and rice from the heat and remove lid.
- Arrange the Oaxaca cheese on top of the chicken and rice, trying to cover as much of the dish as possible.
- Broil until cheese is melted and browned in spots, about 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Bubbly browned cheese sits atop perfectly seasoned chicken & rice. This the next level of comfort food.