One Pot Tomato, Collard and White Bean Stew
15 Minutes Prep
1 Hour Total
This hearty vegan One Pot Tomato, Collard and White Bean Stew is a great dish to make on a cold winter Sunday.
- 28oz can Muir Glen Organic Diced Tomatoes, with juice
- 2-15oz cans Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch fresh collard greens, cleaned, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper
- In a large soup pot heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, carrots, celery, garlic, lemon zest and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Cook for about 4-5 minutes. Add collard greens and cook until they begin to wilt, another 5 minutes or so.
- Add beans, tomatoes, stock, lemon juice and vinegar. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for about 35-45 minutes until all the vegetables are tender. Taste and adjust seasonings, drizzle with extra olive oil when serving.