One Skillet Fire Roasted Tomato Chicken
5 Minutes Prep
35 Minutes Total
This fire roasted tomatoes & pistachio pesto one-skillet masterpiece will quickly become your favorite #SundaySauce. No extra dishes.
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 28 oz Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Whole Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 leaves sage, chopped
- 3 small/medium leaves lacinato kale, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 2 tbs agave nectar
- 2 tbs coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In an oven proof skillet, sauté the chopped onion and garlic in coconut oil for about five minutes over medium-high heat, until the onion begins to soften and brown.
- Add the chicken thighs, top side down and cook for 2 minutes.
- Use tongs to turn the chicken over and cook for another two minutes. Remove the pan from the stove
- Pour the entire can of fire roasted tomatoes into the pan.
- Add the cream, chopped sage, and chopped kale to the pan. Set aside.
- In your food processor, combine the pistachios, agave, and melted coconut oil. Process for about 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides with a spatula and process again for another 10 seconds.
- Clear the tops of the chicken of any leaves, and place a dollop of pistachio pesto on the top of each chicken thigh.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. If you want to brown the tops a bit more, broil on high for 1 to 2 minutes