Roasted Tomato and Chickpea Stew
15 Minutes Prep
20 Minutes Total
Rising dietitian Aldara Mackay ups the flavor in her plant-based bowl with fresh local greens, red lentil penne and our famous Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes. Our most nourishing #SundaySauce featured recipe yet!
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 sweet pepper, diced
- 1 14.5oz can Muir Glen Organic Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 ~15oz can chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp tahini
- 1-2 cups red lentil pasta
- 1 handful fresh spinach (optional)
- 1 handful shredded red cabbage (optional)
- A dash of sesame seeds (optional)
- In a medium size pan, heat oil on medium heat and add the diced onion and pepper. Cook ~2 minutes until softened.
- Add the tomatoes and gentle stir to combine, then add the chickpeas, balsamic and spices. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate pot, boil water and prepare red lentil penne (or pasta of choice) according to box instructions.
- Gentle stir tahini into stewed sauce mixture, then plate atop of prepared pasta.
- Top the dish with spinach, red cabbage and sesame seeds as desired. Enjoy!