Lebanese Style Green Beans
15 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
Shallots & stewed tomatoes elevate the traditional green bean side dish.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound of green beans
- 1 14.5-oz can of Muir Glen Organic Stewed Tomatoes
- 6 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare the crispy shallot topping by heating vegetable oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Cook the shallots, stirring occasionally.
- Once the shallots are golden brown, use a slotted spoon to remove them from the oil and allow them to drain on paper towels.
- Blanch the green beans in boiling water for 2 minutes, then drain.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil on medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the green beans and sauté for 2 minutes until cooked through.
- Add the can of stewed tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Right before serving, top with the crispy shallots.
- Shallots & stewed tomatoes elevate the traditional green bean side dish.