Shakshuka With Fresh Herbs
15 Minutes Prep
35 Minutes Total
Master caterer & food stylist Ash Hays (@ForMySenses) perfects a classic, homestyle middle eastern dish. A definite must try for your next dinner party or family style #SundaySauce!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 28oz can Muir Glen whole plum tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- fresh herbs (dill, cilantro or parsley)
- feta cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Heat the olive oil in a large oven proof skillet .
- Add onion and pepper and cook until very soft (about 15 minutes), then add spices and garlic and cook until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Add tomatoes and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- With the back of a spoon, create 4 pockets or indents in the tomato sauce and crack an egg into each.
- Set skillet in the oven and bake just until eggs are set, about 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and feta cheese as desired. Enjoy!