Smoky Pulled Chicken Nachos
We used Muir Glen Fire Roasted Crushed Tomatoes to make this easy Instant Pot® pulled chicken. The sauce is made with smoky Fire Roasted Muir Glen tomatoes, chipotle peppers and smoked paprika so you get maximum flavor with very little effort! Serve this flavorful chicken as tacos, on top of nachos or on a bun piled high with your favorite slaw. This is a recipe you will make week after week, trust us!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breast (about 2 pounds)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 small garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, chopped
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (omit if you are sensitive to heat)
- 1 (28 ounce) can Muir Glen Crushed Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- Set Instant Pot® to saute function and add olive oil. Combine smoked paprika, salt, oregano, chili powder, cumin and cayenne in a small bowl and mix well. Season the chicken breast with half of the spice mixture and set the rest aside.
- Once seasoned, add the chicken to the Instant Pot® and cook for three minutes per side. Remove chicken and set aside. Add the onion, garlic, and chopped chipotle peppers to the Instant Pot® and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add remaining spices and cook until fragrant, about one minute more.
- Add chipotle sauce (if using) and Muir Glen Crushed Fire Roasted Tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Return chicken to pot and turn off sauté function.
- Add Instant Pot® lid and set vent to the close or sealing position. Set the Instant Pot® to the poultry setting. When cooking time is up, let pressure release naturally for 15 minutes before manually releasing the rest of the pressure.
- Once you are able to remove the lid, add chicken to a cutting board and shred with two forks. Remove one cup of the sauce and reserve for serving. Add shredded chicken back into the pot and stir to combine.
- Serve in tacos, on top of nachos, or in a sandwich. Make sure to use corn tortillas, gluten free tortilla chips or bread to make this recipe gluten free.