Smoky Red Lentil Nachos with Chipotle Cashew Cheese Sauce
5 Minutes Prep
40 Minutes Total
Stephanie (@OmahaBites) crafts dreamy, drool-worthy, vegan nachos topped with lentils steeped in tomato sauce.
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 heaping tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 small, diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Muir Glen Organic Tomato Paste
- 1 28oz Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1/3 cups of water
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked, rinsed red lentils
- Heat oil in a medium stock pot.
- Add in ancho chili powder, chipotle powder, smoked paprika and cinnamon.
- Sauté spices for a minute. Add yellow onion and garlic.
- Sauté for 2-3 min. Stir in tomato paste. In a blender, puree tomatoes.
- Add pureed tomatoes, water, sea salt and unsweetened cocoa powder to the pot with the onions and spices.
- Bring everything to a simmer. Add lentils, and cook on medium low heat (at a simmer) for 25-30 minutes until thickened and lentils are tender.
- Serve over your favorite tortilla chips with toppings of choice, such as a vegan chipotle cheese sauce and avocado.
- Stephanie (@OmahaBites) crafts dreamy, drool-worthy, vegan nachos topped with lentils steeped in tomato sauce.