Tex Mex Jar Salads
10 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
These Tex Mex Jar Salads are bean free, grain free, and perfect for batch cooking. Loaded with Muir Glen Organic salsa, avocado, tomato chicken, and spinach, these salads pack a nutritional punch with a ton of flavor!
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 red onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Muir Glen Organic Medium Salsa
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 lb spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Remove chicken breast from package, dice, and add to the pan with 1 tbsp olive oil. Cook until browned, approximately 12 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking chop onion, peppers, carrots, and garlic.
- Remove chicken for the pan and add in onion, 1 tbsp olive oil, and coat with salt. Cook until onions become translucent.
- Add peppers, carrots, and garlic in with the onions along with cumin, paprika, and pepper. Saute until soft, stirring consistently.
- While vegetables are cooking, mach avocado with 1/2 lime and sea salt and chop your cucumbers.
- Remove vegetables from heat and get ready to layer your jars.
- Start with salsa, then add avocado, vegetables, chicken, cucumbers, and finally spinach on top.
- When ready to eat, pour Tex Mex Jar Salad out into a bowl, toss, and enjoy!