Tri Colored Stuffed Bell Peppers
10 Minutes Prep
50 Minutes Total
Make these Tri Colored Stuffed Bell Peppers with ground turkey, leftover cooked grains and pasta sauce to get dinner on the table in under a hour.
- 4 large bell peppers, red, yellow and green
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup zucchini, finely chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup cooked grain (rice, millet, quinoa, etc)
- 3 cups Muir Glen Organic pasta sauce, any flavor
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbs chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 shredded jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut each pepper in half length-wise. Shave a thin slice off the bottom of each half if they don't stay upright.
- In large skillet, sauté onion, garlic and zucchini in olive oil over medium heat until softened. Add ground turkey and cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until turkey is brown and cooked through. Stir in cooked grain, salt, pepper, parsley, red pepper flakes and 2 cups pasta sauce; cook until hot. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Stuff peppers with turkey mixture. Place pepper halves in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Pour remaining tomato sauce over peppers.
- Cover tightly with foil. Bake 25 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese bake about 15 minutes longer or until peppers are tender.
Trade out the turkey for turkey sausage, the cheese for feta and the grain for couscous and you have a whole other dish!
© Muir Glen Organic