Zucchini Fries with Marinara
25 Minutes Prep
45 Minutes Total
Step aside french fries, crispy zucchini fries FTW! We made these in an air-fryer which keeps things quick, easy & free of excess oil! Serve them with some warn Muir Glen Marinara and you have the perfect game day snack or weeknight dinner side.
- 3 medium sized zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into ½ inch wedges
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- Olive Oil, as needed
- Muir Glen Organic Marinara Sauce, for serving
- Fresh Lemon Wedges, for serving
- Place zucchini wedges on a baking sheet and season with salt. Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes then pat dry.
- In a small bowl combine the dried basil, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne and salt. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a shallow wide bowl, add the flour. In a second shallow bowl, add the panko, regular breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. In a third shallow bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together. Divide the spice mixture between each of the bowls and stir to combine.
- Working with one or two zucchini wedges at a time, dip each wedge into the flour, shaking off any excess. Next, dip the wedges into the egg mixture followed by the panko mixture. Repeat this process until each wedge is breaded.
- Working in batches, add zucchini to the air fry and drizzle with ½ tablespoon of olive oil. Air-fry the zucchini for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Repeat until all the zucchini is cooked.
- If you do not have an air fryer, you can bake the zucchini fries in the oven instead. To do so, preheat the oven to 400˚F line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the breaded zucchini on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle lightly with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook for 20-30 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until golden brown and crisp.
- Season the cooked zucchini with kosher salt while still warm and serve with Muir Glen Marinara Sauce and fresh lemon wedges.