Zucchini Noodles and Meatballs
55 Minutes Prep
55 Minutes Total
This easy skillet zoodle and meatball with pasta sauce recipe swaps light zucchini noodles for starchy pasta – guaranteed to fill you up without weighing you down.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jar Muir Glen Organic pasta sauce (any flavor)
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 medium zucchini, julienne peeled or spiralized (6 cups)
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired
- Mix beef, bread crumbs, onion, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and egg in a large bowl. Shape mixture into 12 (2-inch) meatballs.
- In 14-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add meatballs; cook 6 to 8 minutes, gently turning occasionally, just until browned on all sides.
- Add Muir Glen organic pasta sauce and water; heat to simmering. Simmer 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until meatballs are thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center (165°F). Using slotted spoon, transfer meatballs to plate, and cover to keep warm.
- Stir zucchini noodles into the pasta sauce; cook 2 to 4 minutes, stirring gently, until noodles soften. Divide zoodle mixture among 4 bowls. Top with meatballs. Sprinkle with basil and Parmesan cheese.