Skillet Chili Cheese Dip
This easy, beefy chili cheese dip is made with Muir Glen™ Organic Chili Starter with fire roasted tomatoes. This new pantry staple comes in two flavors, Mild and Medium, so you can create the perfect dish with the right amount of heat. This dip is loaded with flavor—perfect for game day gatherings or cozy nights in.
- 1 lb ground beef (at least 80% lean)
- 1 can (28 oz) Muir Glen™ Organic Mild or Medium Chili Starter
- 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- 4 oz cream cheese (from 8-oz package)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Tortilla chips, as desired
- In 12-inch cast-iron or nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Decrease heat to medium. Stir in chili starter and beans; heat to simmering. Cook 8 to 10 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Remove from heat; spread chili mixture into even layer.
- Meanwhile, in medium microwavable bowl, mix cream cheese and milk. Microwave uncovered on High 2 minutes; stir in cheddar cheese, then microwave in 30-second intervals until cheese melts and mixture is easily stirred smooth. Pour over chili mixture in skillet.
- Top dip with green onions and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips.
- For a crowd-pleasing presentation, make this dip in a cast-iron skillet.
- Leftover dip can be stored, covered and refrigerated, up to two days. Stir the cheese and beef layers together before transferring to storage container. To reheat, microwave uncovered on Medium (50%) 2 minutes; stir, then microwave in 30-second intervals until mixture is steaming hot (at least 165°F). Pour into serving bowl.
- Serve with additional fresh toppings, such as hot sauce, sour cream, sliced jalapeño chiles or guacamole.
About 1/2 Cup Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 540mg; Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 4g); Protein 12g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 10%; Iron 8%;
Exchanges: 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1 1/2 Medium-Fat Meat, 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1