Avocado Salsa with Pepitas
15 Minutes Prep
15 Minutes Total
Quick, easy and delightfully fresh, this salsa brings the best of Mexican pico de gallo and guacamole together in one bowl. Try this versatile salsa with chips or on tacos or quesadillas.
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 serrano chile, seeded, finely chopped (1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons roasted and salted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Tortilla chips, as desired
- In medium bowl, stir together all ingredients except pepitas and chips. Transfer to serving bowl; garnish with pepitas.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- When buying a ripe avocado, gently squeeze the avocado. If the avocado yields to firm gentle pressure, you know it's ripe and ready to eat.